You said YES, and you are now engaged.
Where does one begin when planning a wedding? if you were anything like me, the thought of it all made my stomach hurt. Luckily, I had a girlfriend who had just walked down the aisle herself who helped me out. For all those who don’t have anyone to guide you through the process, I’ve put together a 12 months checklist for you. This time should be exciting, not overwhelming – plus, no one loves a bridezilla so let’s get organized. Download a printable check list here.
You’re a year away from the “I dos” - sounds like a lot of time, right? Not really time can slip away quickly – it’s best to do research and get a few essential items checked off your list right away.
- Set a date
- Set a wedding budget
- Create a Pinterest board
- Try on wedding dresses
- Book a planner or “day of” coordinator
- Choose your wedding party
- Draft wedding guest list
- Tour and book wedding venue.
- Source and book a photographer and videographer
Research should be done, and you are ready to get some big details booked and deposits paid.
- Compile addresses for guests
- Set up your wedding registry
- Source and book a florist
- Create a wedding website
- Meet and book an officiant
- Book guest hotel blocks and your room
- Research and meet with caterers
- Tour and book wedding venue
- Take engagement photos
Now is the time to finalize the details
- Book your décor rentals
- Book hair and makeup artists
- Book a caterer
- Finalize your guest list
- Send out Save-The-Dates
- Buy bridesmaids and groomsman outfits
- Start planning your honeymoon
- Discuss bachelor and bachelorette party dates
Take a moment and pat yourself on the back, most of the hard stuff is done.
- Book the rehearsal dinner venue
- Book the DJ or live music
- Order your cake or main dessert
- Begin bridal dress fittings
- Finalize the honeymoon and accommodations
- Make your documents are up-to-date
Start finalizing details and create a rough draft time line for your wedding day.
- Buy your wedding rings
- Buy Thank You gifts
- Buy wedding shoes
- Order any outstanding décor
- Book transportation
- Finalize the menu with your caterer.
- Finalize ceremony details with your officiant.
- Create a wedding day-of timeline.
- Send out your wedding invitations.
Your wedding is weeks away, so it’s time to start getting yourself ready for the day.
- Buy wedding accessories
- Confirm bookings with your vendors
- Wedding Party Check In
- Final Guest Numbers
At this point, all of your big planning should be done, so it’s time to start writing your vows.
- Final guest numbers
- Book your final dress fitting
- Break in your wedding shoes
- Final details to vendors
- Create your seating chart
- Rehearsal dinner invitations
- Rehearsal Dinner Outfit
- Practice Your Vows
- Wedding Party duties on wedding day
- Pick up your marriage license
DAY OF THE WEDDING
You made it!
Enjoy your day and being with your loved ones.